Common sense of textbook printing paper
1. Paper weight The thickness of the paper is expressed in grams/m2. The greater the number of grams, the thicker the paper. The content paper for our personalized publishing and printing is generally 80g book paper.
2. Types of paper
1. Book paper – is the most commonly used paper for inner pages, the color is white, suitable for printing in various colors, personalized publishing is digitally printed out books, generally 80g book paper is selected.
2. Newsprint – paper for inner pages, commonly known as white newspaper, with a yellow color, suitable for mass printing that does not require long-term preservation.
3. Coated paper – generally used as cover paper, printing paper processed from base paper and coated with white paint, often used for printing book illustrations, covers, etc., there are single-sided coated paper, double-sided coated paper, we personalized The cover paper used for publishing and printing is generally 250g double-sided coated paper.
1. The cover of paperback and hardcover paperback is printed on soft and thicker paper, so it is also called softcover; while the cover of hardcover is mostly printed on rigid cardboard or wood, so it is also called softcover. for hardcover books. Compared with paperbacks, hardcovers have better binding materials, and the binding process is more refined and durable.
2. Binding method
1. Saddle stitching, separate the pages of the book that are printed in pairs, and staple the back seam of the folded pages with wire nails, so that the hooks can be locked into a book. If the number of pages in the manuscript is less than 64 pages, saddle stitching is generally used.
2. Perfect binding, align the loose pages, apply glue to the spine to make the loose pages stick firmly, and then add the front cover and back cover to the outside.
3. stitching glue binding, divide the whole book into several stacks, fold each stack with thread nails, and then arrange them together, apply glue to the spine to make each stack firmly, and then add the front cover and back cover to the outside, suitable for Books over 300 pages.